Dr. Kalim Khan is a truly multi faceted personality and to say that he adorns each hat with elan and exceptional commitment and credibility would be an understatement. An academician by heart, a management consultant with an eye for detail, an enriching and entertaining trainer, and an author with a penchant for exhibiting thought leadership, Dr. Kalim Khan plays all these roles with class, exuberance and style.
Dr. Kalim Khan is currently the Director of Rizvi Institute of Management Studies & Research which is a Post Graduating Management Institute affiliated to University of Mumbai. He is associated with this Institute with more than a decade now and it is due to his untiring and ceaseless efforts that the Institute has in a short span of time raised itself into the upper echelons of Management Institutes in the country.An academician by choice he entered the field of Management Education very early in his career. He is now a renowned brand in the field of Management Education and is especially known for his knowledge and expertise in the area of Quantitative Techniques and Marketing Research. In the last fifteen years he has literally taught across the leading Management Institutes affiliated to the University of Mumbai and his wealth includes around hundred thousands of students serving corporate India and overseas.
Besides this, Dr. Kalim Khan is also the Managing Director of Brains Trust India which is a management consulting firm specialising in Training and Consulting in various domains of Business Management.Brains Trust as a part of its existence has been associated with some of the leading brands in India and Middle East in helping them develop and impart customised training programmes. Brains Trust has also undertaken key consulting assignments and projects so as to help organisations develop systems and solutions to enhance productivity.
His training programmes are a wonderful and rare combination of value add, wit, humour, contemporary practice and customised key take aways for each workshop. He gets to the programme academic rigour with a keen knack of how to make the most mundane topic appealing to craft programmes that leave participants spellbound. He is able to explain the most challenging topics in a manner that impels the participants to apply what they have learnt. His varied experience allows him to guide participants through the challenges they may be facing whether they be on the shop floor or the boardroom.
His areas of expertise range from the practical aspects of Marketing and the Art of Salesmanship., developing and maintaining excellent Customer Relationships, developing High Quality and Holistic Organisation Communication, Total Quality Management, Rational Thinking and Business Analytics. Attending his progammes and workshops are truly memorable and unforgettable experience. With his inimitable style of facilitating and personal enthusiasm, he relates to any type of audience in the training programs that he conducts.
Dr. Kalim Khan has been regularly undertaking consulting assignments across reputed brands designing systems and developing solutions. He has successfully handled consulting assignments dealing with Systems Audit, 5S and Kaizen implementation and Process Orientation. He is also a well known brand in the area of Business Analytics and has been undertaking regular assignments in the area of Analytics for Business. Some of his work includes Churn Analysis, Developing Predictive Models, Measuring Net Promoter Score, 360 Degree Customer Centricity amongst others. Dr. Kalim Khan is also the co-author of three Bestselling books. His maiden book “Where is My Ketchup?” written along with his faculty colleague Prof. Cyrus Gonda has been on the best selling list of Crosswords, Oxford Bookstore and Strand. This book written in the form of story deals with the agony of pathetic customer service across sectors in the country. The book in a very lucid language demonstrates the importance of the vital ingredient of customer service in any marketing mix.
“Seal the Hole in the Bucket” is his second book again along with Prof. Cyrus M. Gonda. The book has received phenomenal accolades from practitioners and academicians in marketing for its attempt to restore the lost art of marketing. The book provides critical insights into marketing with the help of thirteen brilliant tenets that are an eye opener to any practitioner or student of marketing.
His latest book “Be A Super Salesperson” is an attempt to equip all budding sales and marketing professionals with the absolutely necessary ingredients of perfect selling skills. The book, through a decade of research, soul searching and dialogues with practitioners, experts and frontline staff across industries, delivers an exhaustive and all inclusive set of 32 attributes which are mandatory must for any individual to succeed in the profession of sales.
A firm believer in the concept of continuous improvement, he constantly upgrades his knowledge and skills in his areas of expertise. He is a voracious reader and his reading ranges from Management to Fiction to his profound love for Urdu poetry.
- PhD in Quantitative Techniques in Education – YCMOU
- Post Graduate in Business Analytics & Business Intelligence – Great Lakes Institute of Management
- Master of Management Studies – Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research
- BE (Production) – M.H. Saboo Siddique College of Engineering
- Where Is My Ketchup? : How to Give and Receive Exceptional Customer Service (2009)
- Seal The Hole In The Bucket (2010)
- Be a Super Sales Person (2011)
- Certified Black Belt in Six Sigma
- Certified as a fully qualified and accredited administrator of MBTI Suite of Instruments
- Certified in Advanced Analytics and use of Quantitative Techniques in Decision Making
- Certificate Course in Design of Experiments – The Shainin Approach
- Certificate Course in Building Powerful and Profitable Brands by Kevin Keller
- Certificate Course in Marketing Engineering
- Certified Six Sigma Green Belt
- Certificate Course in Advanced Data Analysis for Marketing Decisions at IIM Ahmedabad
- Certificate Course in Marketing Decision Models at IIM Bangalore
- Certificate Course in Advanced Data Analysis at IIM Kozhikode
Organisations & Committees:
- Member of the Academic Council and the Research Committee of SNDT University
- Member of the Finance and Accounts committee of SNDT Women’s University
- Chairperson for the Board of Studies in Marketing at JDBIMS
- Member of the panel of the prestigious IMC Quality Awards committee that identifies and honors quality work in the field of education in India
- Honoured as the Best Teacher for outstanding contribution to teaching and education in Quantitative Techniques in Management by the Higher Education Forum
- Certificate of Appreciation by TAFE, South Australia for Contribution in Event Management